Oh, and speaking of tops. Did I forget to mention that it even has a matching top too? You can check out the free written pattern of the Hanna Mock Neck Crop Top here.
This cheeky Hanna bikini bottom was designed to accompany its leading partner – the Hanna Crop Top. The design is simple enough to follow, with straightforward lines and ribbing to match.
With slim bands and a narrow back, it is light and easy to wear on any sunny day. As long as you’re using any of these stretchable yarns, you’ll be able to swim and feel comfortable all day long.
As you already know, you don’t have to match it with just a bikini top. Unlike its matching counterpart’s style, we also have other great Crochet Tops that would make a cute pair.
Most of my bikini bottoms start with Half Double Crochet Stitches from the front panel down toward the back. Then connecting the side with simple and easy Front and Back post stitches is all there is to it.
If you would like to learn how to make your own adjustments and what fits you the best then you will have to check out my Ultimate Crochet Bikini Bottom Guide.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST VIDEO
Tools and Materials:
Yarn weight: DK
Brand: Cascade Fixation
Color: Blue Glass
Gauge: 24 Hdc Sts x 16 rows = 4”x 4”
No. yarns (balls): XS[S/M/L/XL] [2XL/3XL/4XL/5XL] –1 [1/ 1.5/ 1.5/ 2] [2/ 2/ 2.5/ 2.5]
Tools: tapestry needle, measuring tape, scissors, rubber band
This post contains affiliate links designed to provide a commission on purchases made at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that support my work in providing new content and information on this site.
If you like this pattern, you might also like these:
Things to Note:
- Prepare gauge to get the right size
- This is a cheeky cut style
- Turning chain does not count as a stitch unless mentioned otherwise
- Material is stretchable when using mentioned yarn
- Definition of 2Dc Vs Dc2 : Work 2 Dc in the same St vs 1 Dc in the next 2 Sts.
- Abbreviation page available in English US format
Your body measurement:
- Your hip size: XS [S/ M/ L/ XL] [2XL/ 3XL/ 4XL/ 5XL] – 32 [34/ 36/ 40/ 44] [48/ 53/ 55/ 57/ 62] inches or 86 [91.5/ 101.5/ 111.5/ 122] [134.5/ 139.5/ 144.5/ 157] cm (size up if you are in between sizes)
- Hip size refers to the circumference of the widest part of your bum area and not the actual finished garment.
- Refer to the measurement chart here
* For ref, the model is wearing Size S for this bottom as shown here. Size up if you are in-between sizes.
Join Our Mailing List
If you would like to receive free written patterns and video tutorials straight into your inbox, just click Subscribe to get into our mailing list.
PART 1: Front to Crotch to Back
- Foundation Row: Ch 48 [50/ 52/ 54/ 56] [58/ 60/ 62/ 64] + Ch 1, turn
- Row 1: On the second Ch from hook, work a Hdc St and across, Ch 1 turn
- Row 2: Hdc2tog 2x, Hdc across until the last 5th St, Hdc2tog 2x, Ch 1 turn
- Row 3 – 5: Rep Row 2 for 3 more rows. Ch 1 turn
- Row 6: Hdc2tog, Hdc across until the last 3rd St. Hdc2tog, Ch 1 turn
- Row 7: Rep Row 6 for 10 [10/ 11/ 12/ 13] [13/ 14/ 15/ 16] more rows. You should have 10 [12/ 12/ 12/ 12] [14/ 14/ 14/ 14] Sts remain.
- Next Row (Crotch): Hdc each St across for 20 [24/ 26/ 28/ 30] [34/ 36/ 38/ 40] rows. Ch 1 turn
- Next Rows (Back): Increase rows – Work 2Hdc in the 1st St, Hdc across until the 2nd last St, 2Hdc. Ch 1 turn
- Next Rows: Rep step 8 increase for 16 [16/ 17/ 18/ 19] [19/ 20/ 21/ 22] more rows until the entire length reaches 13 [14/ 15/ 16/ 17] [18/ 19/ 20/ 21] inches or 33 [35.6/ 38.1/ 40.6/ 43.2] [45.7/ 48.3/ 50.8/ 53.3] cm
- Do not bind off
PART 2: Join sides / Ribbing
1. From the last St, Ch 15[15/ 16/ 21/ 26] [30 /37/ 42/ 49] Slst through FRONT panels 1st St (ref to blue line) Ch 1, turn to the inner row side
- Slst 2 on the first row (Ref to red arrow), Ch 1 turn work upside down
- Sk 2 Slst, Hdc on the 1st Ch and across the Ch (Ref to orange line) , Slst through the BACK panels post bet the 1st and 2nd row, bind off.
- Rep steps 1- 3 on the other side.You should have approx. 17.5 [18.5/ 19.5/ 21.5/ 23.5] [25.5/ 28/ 30/ 32.5 ] inches or 44.5 [47/ 49.5/ 54.6/ 59.7] [64.8/ 71.1/ 76.2/ 82.6] cm hip width when fully stretched outwards.
- Top Band Row: RS up, insert hook preferably somewhere on the side/back St at the top of the bikini, draw up a loop, and Ch 1. Yo and insert hook under and through the next post of the prev row, and complete a Front Post Hdc St (FP Hdc). (see image 1)
6. On the next St, Yo, insert hook under and through the following post from the back and complete a Back Post Hdc St (BP Hdc) (see image 2)
7. Rep FP and BP Hdc Sts in the round. Slst to the 1st St to close, Ch up 1
8. Place rubber band at the back of the row and Sc over and around the band
9. Before reaching 10 Sts to closing, pull elastic band slightly on both ends and tie 2 knots
10. Cont to Sc around the band while covering the knot. Slst to close.
11. Snip off the remaining band and weave in loose ends.
12. Best to use a round elastic band. (See Video tutorial here )
PART 3: Leg Opening
1. Facing the RS, insert hook on the row side preferably around the crotch area, draw up a loop, Ch 1, and place rubber band behind Sts and Sc in the round.
2. Work 2 Sc on each Hdc row.
3. Before the last 10 Sts, pull rubber band taut and tie to secure. Sc around the knot and remaining rubber band, Slst to connect and bind off.
4. Rep step 1 – 3 on the other side. 5. Weave in all loose ends.
**If you are looking for the entire tool used to make this Hanna Cheeky Bikini Bottom crochet pattern, check them out here below:
- 2.25 mm Clover Amour Crochet Hook
- Elastic Rubber Band
- Cascade Fixation Yarn in Blue Glass
- Hanna Cheeky Bikini Bottom Pdf Pattern file
If you would like to receive free written patterns and video tutorials straight into your inbox, join our mailing list now.