And then you remember about the other five WIPs that have been long forgotten or avoided. What hook size what that again? Which yarn did I use? How about telling me the name of that fancy stitch that looks like erm… a half-star?
Yes! We have all been there! Guilty as charged.
Yarn Calculator – Calculate how much yarn you actually need
The Smart WIP tag
This smart Work In Progress (WIP) Tag is what we all need. It holds all the info about our WIP project nicely in one place, plus it even has a little nook to hold a piece of your yarn sample.
This tag will include:
- WIP #: Great to number down all your projects
- Project Name: What project you are working on
- Yarn Type: by Weight or Category or Fiber
- Yarn Brand: So we know what brand to buy when we need more
- No. of Skeins: Amount of yarn needed or yarn used
- Hook: Size and which brand used (if we have multiple hooks)
- Started on: Great to see how long this WIP has been put on hold
- Due by: Perfect for motivation!
- Notes: This section can include: Color, type of Special stitch used, Beads or Buttons needed, and other useful reminders
How to use this WIP TAG
This WIP tag comes in a printer-friendly PDF file that you can print and reprint over and over again. It’s about 3.5 x 2.5 inches (9 x 6 cm) in size and comes with 3 tags in one sheet. It is printable on any regular A4 size paper but for better quality, it would be best when printed on an art card sheet. (An A4 paper size is 8.3 x 11.7 inches / 21 x 29.7 cm).
Join Our Mailing List
If you would like to receive free written patterns and video tutorials straight into your inbox, just click Subscribe to get into our mailing list.
If you’re looking for your next project, why not check out the Free Patterns I have on the blog. And if would like to receive updates on all our new patterns in your inbox, just subscribe to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If video tutorial is more your thing, then have a peek at my YouTube channel instead! Subscribe if you think they’re alright
CHECK OUT MY LATEST VIDEO
Let me know if you have any questions or feedback in the comment box below. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram and Facebook @theknottylace, I would love to see your work!
Follow me on social:
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Subscribe and get all the new patterns and updates in your inbox
This information and images are copyright of The Knotty Lace and are free for your personal use. I ask that you do not copy, share, adjust, alter or resell this information and/or images. If you wish to copy this post, please do provide a link back to this page. Thank you.