This Free High Waist Crochet Bikini Bottom pattern is a great project to make this Summer that is quick and can be made in just under 2 hours.
This pattern also comes with a full step-by-step video tutorial available on my YouTube channel where it is worked up in size M.
However, If you would like a printable PDF copy of this pattern with no distracting ads, and loads of guided images, it is available for purchase on my pattern store here. Or just add this to your Ravelry queue for later
And since I had this Cascade Fixation Variegated yarn laying around, I thought how perfect this would be if I made a pretty little bikini set!
This bikini bottom is really nice and snug with its wide hip band, which can also be easily adjusted to your preferred height.
This bikini bottom is great for all sizes but remember to use the right yarns that are stretchy and lightweight! Check out the perfect yarns to use for crochet swimsuits and bikinis here.
Using simple Half Double Crochet Stitches throughout the entire main body piece and twisted loops along the top band giving it a nice touch!
Watch The Video Tutorial Here
This post contains affiliate links designed to provide a commission on purchases made at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases which support my work in providing new content and information on this site.
Candy Twist High Waist Crochet Bottom Free Pattern
Tools And Materials:
Yarn weight: DK Category 3
Brand: Cascade Fixation Spray Dyed
Color: Spring Bouquet
Gauge: 24 Hdc Sts x 15 rows = 4”x 4”
No. yarns (balls): XS[S/M/L/XL] [2XL/3XL/4XL/5XL] –1 [2 /2 / 2/ 2] [2 / 2/ 3/ 3]
Tools: tapestry needle, measuring tape, scissors, stitch markers, rubber band
Things to Note:
§ Prepare pattern gauge to get the right size. You may need to adjust your tension or change hook size to achieve the same gauge
§ Do note this bottom is stretchable when using mentioned yarn
§ Turning chain does not count as a stitch unless mentioned otherwise
§ Step by step Video Tutorial available here
Your body measurement:
§ Your hip size: XS [S/ M/ L/ XL] [2XL/ 3XL/ 4XL/ 5XL] – 32 [34/ 36/ 40/ 44] [48/ 53/ 55/ 57/ 62] inches or 86 [91.5/ 101.5/ 111.5/ 122] [134.5/ 139.5/ 144.5/ 157] cm (size up if you are in between sizes)
§ Hip size refers to the circumference of the widest part of your bum area and not the actual finished garment.
§ Model is wearing size M in pictures for reference
§ Abbreviation page available in English US format
PART 1: Front to Crotch to Back
1. Foundation Row: 38 [40/ 42/ 44/ 46] [48/ 50/ 52/ 54] + Ch 1, turn
2. Row 1: On the 2nd Ch from hook, work 1 Hdc St and Hdc across, Ch 1 turn
3. Row 2 (Decrease): Hdc2tog, Hdc across until the last 3rd St, Hdc2tog, Ch 1 turn
4. Next Rows: Rep Row 2 for a total of 14 [14/ 15/ 16/ 17] [17/ 18/ 19/ 20] rows. You should have 10 [12/ 12/ 12/ 12] [14/ 14/ 14/ 14] Sts remain. Total Length should be 4.7 [4.7/ 5.0/ 5.3/ 5.5] [5.5/ 5.8/ 6.1/ 6.3] inches or 12.0 [12.0/ 12.7/ 13.4/ 14.1] [14.1/ 14.7/ 15.4/ 16.1] cm. Ch 1 turn
5. Next Row (Crotch): Hdc same number of Sts across for 11 [14/ 15/ 17/ 18] [21/ 22/ 23/ 25] total rows. Ch 1 turn.
Place a SM on the 4 [5/ 5/ 6/ 6] [7/ 7/ 8/ 8] last row. This is the middle point where you will fold
6. Next Row (Increase): Work 2Hdc in the 1st St, Hdc across until the 2nd last St, 2Hdc. Ch 1 turn
7. Next Rows: Repeat Step 6 increase for 19 [20/ 21/ 23/ 24] [25/ 26/ 28/ 29] total rows. You should have a total length of 12 [13/ 14/ 15/ 16] [17/ 18/ 19/ 20] inches or 30.5 [33.0/ 35.6/ 38.1/ 40.6] [43.2/ 45.7/ 48.3/ 50.8] cm ** Do not bind off**
8. From the last St, Ch 28 [29/ 31/ 37/ 43] [48/ 56/ 62/ 70] and Slst on to the Fronts parallel corner St. Ch 1 to secure and bind off
9. Insert hook through the Fronts other side/ corner St, draw up a loop and Ch 28 [29/ 31/ 37/ 43] [48/ 56/ 62/ 70], Slst on to the Backs parallel corner St. Ch 1 turn
Make sure when both sides are stretched outwards you get a width of 17.5 [18.5/ 19.5/ 21.5/ 23.5] [25.5/ 28/ 30/ 32.5] inches or 44.5 [47.0/ 49.5/ 54.6/ 59.7] [64.8/ 71.1/ 73.7/ 78.7] cm. Otherwise, adjust accordingly
PART 2: Top Band
Working towards the chain row
1. Rnd 1: Work 1 Hdc St into the prev Slst, Hdc each Ch and St in the round. Slst into the 1st St to close, Ch 1 turn
2. Rnd 2: Work 1 Hdc St into the prev Slst, Hdc each St in the round. Slst in to the 1st St to close
3. Rnd 3: *(Ch 10, Sk 1, Sc on the next St), Rep (*) in the round until the 2nd last St, Ch 5, YO 4x, Triple Treble (Trtr) on to the last St
4. Rnd 4: *(Ch 10, Sc through the back of the next loop), Rep (*) in the round until the 2nd last loop, Ch 5, Trtr on the last St, Ch 1
5. Rnd 5: *(Sc through the back of the next loop, Ch 1), Rep (*) in the round, On the last loop, twist the loop over and insert your hook through the back and Sc to close,
6. Rnd 6: *(Work 1 Hdc St into the next St, work 1 Hdc in the next Ch Sp) Rep (*) in the round. Slst to the 1st St to close, Ch 1 turn,
7. Rnd 7: Work 1 Hdc St into the prev Slst, Hdc in each St in the round. Slst to the 1st St to close, Ch 1 turn
PART 3:Adding Rubber Band
1. Last Rnd: Facing the RS, place rubber band at the back of work bet yarn and loop, Ch 1 to secure. Sc each St in the round while working around the rubber band. Stop at the last 10th St
2. Pull both rubber bands end to create a taut finish, tie 2 knots and Sc around remaining Sts and knot. Slst to close and bind off.
3. Leg Opening: On the RS, insert hook anywhere along the Crotch side, draw up a loop. Place rubber band at the back of work bet yarn and loop, Ch 1 to secure. Work 2Sc in each rows side and 1 Sc on each St side. Work in the round while working around the rubber band. Stop on the last 5th row.
4. Pull both rubber bands end to create a taut finish, tie 2 knots and Sc around remaining Sts and knot. Slst to close and bind off.
5. Rep on the other side and bind off
6. Weave in all loose ends.
The finished bottom should be slightly bunched up and have plenty of stretch.
Great job if you made it this far! If you have any questions about this pattern, do check out the video tutorial or get in touch with me by dropping a comment below.
By the way, If you would like to receive free written patterns and video tutorials straight into your inbox, you can join our mailing list now.
Follow me on:
This pattern and images are copyrighted by The Knotty Lace and are free for your personal use. I ask that you do not copy, share, adjust, alter or resell my Pattern(s) and picture(s). If you wish to sell ready-made products using my pattern(s), please do give credit mention to The Knotty Lace. Thank you