With a fun front twist, check out this easy and free Crochet Bralette pattern that you can make in no time that you will truly love.
This pattern tutorial is also available on my YouTube channel where it is worked up in size M. However, If you would like a printable PDF copy of this pattern with no distracting ads, and loads of guided images, it is available for purchase on my pattern store here. Or just add this to your Ravelry queue for later
I wanted to make a fun bralette. A bralette that is fast to whip up, with bright colors, and super snug to wear. And since I had this Cascade Fixation Variegated yarn laying around, I thought how perfect this would be if I made a pretty little bralette with a high waist bottom to match!
This bralette comes with a little front twist that gives it some dimension and texture. It comes with a neck tie but you could also do without it and call it a bandeau – am I right?!
The back ties are slightly wider which offers a nicer hug around the bodice and that extra comfort too.
This bralette is great for all sizes but remember to use the right yarns that are stretchy and lightweight! Check out the perfect yarns to use for crochet swimsuits and bikinis here.
Here are some other Swimsuits and bikini patterns you might like using this yarn.
Using simple Half Double Crochet Stitches and shell Stitches for the edging is all you have to know for this pattern. It is a great pattern for beginners to start of with while learning a new technique of twisting two panels together. This twist is also perfect for other projects as well such as headbands and cowls.
And If you like this twist style, check out the free headband/ ear warmer pattern I made using this same technique!
Watch The Video Tutorial Here
This post contains affiliate links designed to provide a commission on purchases made at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases which support my work in providing new content and information on this site.
Candy Twist Crochet Bralette Free Pattern
Tools And Materials:
Things to Note:
§ Prepare pattern gauge to get the right size. You may need to adjust your tension or change hook size to achieve the same gauge
§ Do note this top is stretchable when using mentioned yarn
§ Turning chain does not count as a stitch unless mentioned otherwise
§ Step by step Video Tutorial available here
Your body measurement:
XS [S/ M /L/ XL] [2XL/ 3XL /4XL/ 5XL]
30 [34/ 38/ 42/ 46] [50/ 54/ 58/ 60]” or 76 [86/ 96.5/ 106.5/ 117] [127/ 137/ 147/ 152.4] cm
§ These measurements are only estimates. Size down if you are in between sizes.
§ Model is wearing size M (C Cup) in these pictures for reference
§ Abbreviation page available in English US format
PART 1: CUPS
*Working from the middle to the sides
1. Foundation Row: Ch 30 [33/ 36/ 39/ 42] [45/ 48/ 51/ 54 ] + Ch 1, turn
2. Row 1: Work 1 Hdc from the 2nd Ch from Hook, Hdc across, Ch1 turn
3. Row 2: Hdc each St across, Ch 1 turn.
4. Next Rows: Rep row 2 for a total of 15 [16/ 19/ 20/ 21] [23/ 24/ 25/ 26] rows. Ch 1 turn
5. Next Rows (Decrease): Hdc each St across until the 3rd last St, Hdc2tog, Ch 1 turn.
6. Next Rows: Hdc2tog, Hdc each St across, Ch 1 turn.
7. Next Row: Rep Steps 5 & 6 for a total of 8 [8/ 9/ 10/ 11] [11/ 12/ 13/ 13] rows
*Depending on which side your last row was, you will cont to decrease at the top only
8. Next Rows (Double Decrease): Hdc each St across until the 5th last St, Hdc2tog 2x, Ch 1 turn.
9. Next Rows: Hdc2tog 2x, Hdc each St across, Ch 1 turn.
10. Next Rows: Rep Step 8 &9 until you have 4 Sts remaining.
11. Next Rows: Hdc each St (4Sts) for a total of 53 rows or until you have a total tie length of 15 inches or 38cm. Bind off
12. Facing the RS, Insert hook at the top corner row, draw up a loop and Ch 1. *(Sk 1 row, Work 5Dc on the next row, Sk 1, Sc) Rep (*) across until you reach the top of the tie. Bind off
13. Turn work up side down (RS up), and insert hook at the bottom of the same row as the last St, draw up a loop and Ch 1. *(Sk 1 row, Work 5Dc on the next row, Sk 1, Sc) Rep (*) all the way across. Bind off
14. Repeat Step 1 – 11. To create a symmetrical look in color sequence, Start your chain on the same color spot as your 1st piece.
*Working in the opposite direction/mirror image
15. Turn work up side down (RS up), and insert hook at the bottom corner row, draw up a loop and Ch 1. *(Sk 1 row, Work 5Dc on the next row, Sk 1, Sc) Rep (*) across until you reach the 1st 4 St row (tie). Bind off
16. Turn work right side up, and insert hook at the bottom of the same row as the last St, draw up a loop and Ch 1. *(Sk 1 row, Work 5Dc on the next row, Sk 1, Sc) Rep (*) all the way across. Bind off
PART 2: JOINING PIECES
1. Place both pieces RS up. Fold in half and pick up the folded pieces. Interlock the “V” shape pieces, sandwiching them together.
2. Take a tapestry needle with some yarn already threaded, and whip stitch each piece together all the way across. Weave in to secure and bind off.
3. Open and adjust the “twist”.
PART 3: STRAPS/ TIES
1. Place a SM on the last row before decreasing on both pieces. That would be on the 15 [16/ 19/ 20/ 21] [23/ 24/ 25/ 26] row.
2. Next take your yarn and pull 2 arms length worth of yarn. Pull and fold more yarn to double the amount. Snip yarn.
3. Insert hook at the SM, draw up the loop end of the double yarn, and work double chains until the end of the yarn.
4. Work up a knot and snip off any access
5. Rep on the other side.
6. Weave in all loose ends
Great job if you made it this far! If you have any questions about this pattern, do check out the video tutorial or get in touch with me by dropping a comment below.
By the way, If you would like to receive free written patterns and video tutorials straight into your inbox, you can join our mailing list now.
This pattern and images are copyrighted by The Knotty Lace and are free for your personal use. I ask that you do not copy, share, adjust, alter or resell my Pattern(s) and picture(s). If you wish to sell ready-made products using my pattern(s), please do give credit mention to The Knotty Lace. Thank you